How to set up and use the Google Drive Priority Workspace Visit Site
Guest Post: J. Scarborough
Google Drive Priority Workspace is an easy to use tool that lets you organize access to your files,
while not making you change the physical storage location of them. Combine shared documents
and your own files in easy to use groups.
1) Navigate to your Google Drive, and click on "Priority" in the list of Drive locations. Then you
will see the Priority Workspace as seen below.
2) Click on the "Create Workspace" button and then name the new workspace. (Think of this similar
to the name of a folder you would store documents in)
3) It will ask you what files you want to be part of this workspace. Click on the "Choose other files"
link to access your drive and add any files you want. You can always add and edit this workspace later.
4) Once you have selected your files and click "Done", your first workspace will be available. The files
you added will be organized and accessible from this screen at all times, without having to dig through
old emails, folders, or searching through your drive.
5) You can create multiple workspaces and organize them however you use your Google Files most.
6) Take a look at how our guest, Jennifer Scarborough, uses Priority Workspaces to organize her
Google Priority Workspaces can really help you get organized with little to no effort. Simply set up the
files you use most, or want easy access to, in groupings of your choice. Then you will have a quick way to
get to them when you need them.
Special Thanks to Jennifer Scarborough for providing this resource and
example to share with the staff.
If you have an idea you want to share, then fill out the
"Share a Resource"
form and I will work to get it shared with the staff!